As a result of COVID-19 Stage 4 Restrictions, our RMIT English Worldwide Test Centre has taken the Victorian Government mandated instructions and has closed the centre.
IELTS Test Takers - Our team will contact you via email and provide a full refund. If you have any questions regarding your booking, please contact RMIT English Worldwide.
PTE Test Takers - Pearson will contact you directly to reschedule. If you have questions regarding your PTE test booking, please contact Pearson directly via online form or via phone on 1800 729 282.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
IELTS and PTE Test Day Safety Measures
How we have adapted our Test Centre for safety?
RMIT English Worldwide testing is conducted with strict measures in place to help protect the health and safety of all staff and test-takers:
- Significantly reduced test capacity
- Maximum 15 test-takers in one area at a time
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres maintained at all times
- Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- Temperature check on the arrival of the building and a wrist band will be provided so you can reenter the building
- Test centre staff and examiners will be wearing a face mask covering their mouth and nose
- Please note that you are required to wear a face mask when leaving home and throughout the duration of your test
Test takers are reminded to not attend RMIT English Worldwide if:
- They are currently required to be in quarantine as requested by a government or health authority
- They have been in contact with any person suspected to be exposed to Covid-19 within 14 days of the test date
- They have cold, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or have flu-like symptoms
Test takers are required to sign a declaration confirming the above on the test day.
Test Center Safety Environment Changes
Registration changes for COVID-19
- Test takers required to use hand sanitiser before registering and using the equipment
- Only test takers from the current time slot allowed in the registration room for IELTS test takers
Waiting room changes for COVID-19
- Test takers taken through a RMIT safety presentation
- Staggered entry into the bag room after the test to maintain control of the number of people inside
Test Room changes for COVID-19
- Maximum 15 test takers in a test room
- Desks at 1.5m distance in all directions
- Test takers required to use hand sanitiser before using the equipment, including before and after signing out for breaks
- Test takers are required to wear face masks
- Face masks must be removed for ID check and visual inspections
- Antibacterial wipes available on request, ensure they are disposed of after use
- Desks will be wiped down with antibacterial wipes after the test
If you have any questions or comments, please contact RMIT English Worldwide.